Discover the versatility of acetic acid, a colorless liquid with antibacterial and antifungal properties, from the carboxylic family. Commonly used in industry, acetic acid is used in the production of plastics, textiles for dyeing and printing, cleaning products and more. Its best-known application is as a food preservative. Vinegar (6% concentration) owes its odor and flavor to acetic acid. It is also used in the pharmaceutical industry.
Thanks to its disinfectant properties, acetic acid is widely used in cleaning products. It is effective at eliminating germs and microbes, making it a key component in ecological, biodegradable and conventional cleaners. It is used in various cleaning products such as glass cleaners, floor cleaners, roof cleaners and surface cleaners. It is a powerful descaler.
Finally, acetic acid in solution is also commonly used to optimize drinking water quality, since its acidifying power lowers pH. Acetic acid 56% is generally recommended for this purpose.
- Glacial acetic acid (99%)
- Acetic acid 80% (glacial)
- Acetic acid (56%)
- Custom dilutions
- 20 L
- 55 L
- 205 L
- 1 000 L
The acetic acid distributed by JBF meets the highest quality standards, since we add deionized water to glacial acetic acid to obtain multiple concentrations adapted to specific applications. Whether you’re looking for 99%, 80% or 56% concentration, trust our expertise for your acetic acid supply.
Applications and Use
- Food additive
- Agricultural (herbicide, non-pesticide) and food processing
- Chemical intermediates for resins
- Pharmaceutical products
Make JBF your distributor of Acetic Acid
- A network of world-class suppliers offering unrivalled supply stability and impeccable quality. We’re committed to delivering the products you need, when you need them.
- A fleet of modern delivery trucks, with dedicated drivers, covering all regions of Quebec and Eastern Ontario. We’ve set up an efficient logistics network to ensure fast deliveries, whatever your location and whatever the quantity ordered.
- Backed by the strength of Groupe Somavrac, a company that has specialized in the handling and distribution of chemical products for over 60 years, our professional team is at your service. We’ve built our reputation on the excellence of our expertise and our commitment to customer satisfaction.