13 May 2021
Every step of the way
Our customer is a leading company in transportation infrastructure, abrasive production, and general maintenance of the Quebec road network.
Main customer challenge
- Dust issues during road construction or other construction projects.
- Problems with ice on worksites
- Problem with bulk materials clinging to dump truck bodies and building up hard-to-remove accumulation. The problem can also make the truck body unstable and lead to serious accidents, even tipping.
Solution recommended by Somavrac C.C.
Dust and ice problems:
- Annual delivery of 15 to 20 tons of Xtra85 calcium chloride flakes in 1,000 kg bags to the customer
- To resolve the carryback issue, Somavrac C.C. delivered a tote of Liquidow liquid calcium chloride to the customer. As needed,
- Somavrac C.C. can deliver the product or refill totes directly at customer facilities.
- Customers can collect totes from Somavrac C.C.
Xtra85 can be purchased for you to dilute for applications such as avoiding carryback.
85% concentration calcium chloride flakes (for dust and ice problems)
- Safe worksites, free of dust or ice, for workers
- Spreading handled by customer employees with minimal equipment (spreader truck) both for dust suppressant and de-icer: simple, effective, and cost-effective
- Easy-to-store bags requiring only basic handling equipment (lift truck)
- Product used year-round, killing two birds with one stone
- Certified as a dust suppressant by Bureau de normalisation du Québec (BNQ)
Liquid calcium chloride (for carryback problems)
- Proactive, efficient customer deliveries (with no carryback) thanks to the product’s effectiveness and anti-adhesive properties
Ease of use: easy to spray dump truck bodies with a multi-use sprayer.